Monday, January 31, 2011

The day I met my VP...

Things were getting so damn busy after I came back from Seoul. And of course I need to prepare the report, chinese new year is around the corner, etc. I just go with the flow.

While preparing my report at 5pm that one fine FRIDAY evening, Mr M met me and asked if I could join the meeting with my VP later that noon at 5.30pm.

OMG.

Mr M : Can u join me for meeting with VP Mr C...?
Cik B : (Speechless... Is that an order or invitation). Tak nak la Mr M. U jela pegi, dia nak jumpa u je. Bukan I.
Mr M : Alah... Jom la sekali. U, myself n Mr AM.
Cik B : Ala Mr M I tak biasa la jumpa2 VP ni. I print kan u the material. U present ye.
Mr M : U can cost expert...
Cik B : (Expert la sangat... Nak membujuk aku pegi la tu) yela2... (Dengan tarik muka seposen... Rayuan ku tak diterima! )

For the 2nd time I met Mr M and beg him for me not to join the meeting but failed (dlam hati Mr M agaknya... Ada aku kesah). Time already 5.10pm and I'm still in the office printing the material for only 1 copy. Rushed to LRT station to KLCC while my mouth keep on selawat banyak2. Scared to death, I'm not prepared. Prepare to be sliced.

In the train, Mr M called me.

Mr M : Where are u?
Cik B : In the LRT la... OTW!
Mr M : Mr R just told me it is postponed to 6pm... (Buat kelam kabut aku je). How many copy u print?
Cik B : Satu je la... (Tadi tanak cakap... Mode nyampah)
Mr M : Ok u go to LXX and print 5 copies, we meet at LXX.
Cik B : Ok! (Boleh ke cakap tak ok?)

So again I rushed to LXX to print another copies. I met this beautiful secretary of somebody which is very nice and willing to help me printout the document. While busy opening my laptop and blocked the path to somebody office, someone came up.

Ms H : Siapa ni?
Cik B : (While not looking at her) Sorry2 kak.
Ms H : KAKAK! (Sambil cegil mata kat ku)
Cik B : (I looked at her and OMG... She is one of the GM and that beautiful girl is her secretary.... I'm a dead meat) Sorry puan!

I messed up and in a very deep shit or what ever u wanna call it the worst day ever in my life. That point of time I cursed Mr M for doing this to me. I really feel like nak terjun bangunan at that moment.

After that I rushed to LXX to the VP's Office. Nobody was there yet except Mr AM. Dalam hati menyumpah seranah semua orang, tuhan aje yang tau. Then my GM came up but didn't bother me at all coz I was going to meet my VP even higher than him. So weird as I alwiz hate to see him too. All of us was there except for Mr M, which is trapped in the traffic (yoyo soh aku pegi cepat, las2 dia lambat jugak). Finally he came and we went to his room.

Inside my heart I know that Mr C only want to meet Mr M and I'm just the pom pom girl to cheer him up.

Go Mr M! Go Mr M! Go Go Go

When the discussion started, I have a butterfly in my stomach.. Or may be not a butterfly, a tiger may be. I was shivering and my mouth can't speak. OMG! What happened to me! They don't ask me any question yet and cik biskut looks like macam nampak hantu.
Mr C my VP is known as very the garang one. I'm only ikan bilis yang hanya akan dilanyak anytime.

The moment he entered the room he smiled widely to see Mr M. He likes him very much but Mr M deserve that. He works so hard for that project. He is one of my PM idol actually. Hahaha.

So when I started present he was in a good mood, lucky me huh! Everything went so smoothly with him. Alhamdulillah despite all the messed this evening. I'm so happy. Some people might say "alah setakat jumpa VP, I meet VP everyday what" but its different in my case. I'm just an average people who only love my job and don't care bout all the top people. Meeting them is a nightmare. He was happy with my findings and at the end I wished him :

"Gong Xi Fa Chai Mr C"

Aaahhhhh finished 1 chapter. Legaaaaa noooohhhh. Everything went smoothly. Thank to Mr M as well, that drive this project very well up to Mr C expectation. (Dapat 1 la kau tahun ni Mr M). Well he deserve it. Baru je tarik nafas lega, than my GM said, "let's go and meet Mr S (my SGM)",

Again OMG!


Not again. Well this time is different, since I've met my VP I don't feel afraid anymore.

Ohhh he is just the SGM, I've met my VP just now (ayat belagak). Hahaha. The discussion with Mr S went smoothly as well. Again Mr M score point there. I guess this is just office politics between them and I'm trapped in this. All the discussion continue up to 10pm ok. We even discussed dalam gelap coz office dah lights off. Hahaha sooo funny this mgt people.

Relieved and that's what I feel at that moment. My beloved hubby fetch me up together with the kids that night. Alhamdulillah I feel blessed.

This will mark another milestone in my career as I never dream to meet VP this early.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cik Biskut Chattingbox